Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fabulous Miss K Presents .....

This Saturday saw a very early start for me - Hubby and I headed to London as I was asked to present the Vintage Fashion Show for Pop Up Vintage Fairs at Old Spitafields Market.

I am used to presenting fashion shows but this was on a grand scale so I was a tad nervous but once I had met all the lovely people involved I was fine.  The Candy Pout team were on hand to do my hair and make-up and make me feel fabulous.

The outfits were put together by vintage fashion bloggers - Ree Ree Rocket, Sarah Ruppin, Alison Tang, Betty Leopard, Jayne J Read and Amy Elizabeth Hill and they all did a fabulous job.  The bloggers chose outfits from the various traders from the 30's to the 80's.

Swing Patrol entertained the crowds with their dancing as the show was (as always with catwalk shows) running "fashionably" late but we were soon underway with the first of 4 shows throughout the day.

The models all looked amazing and I even managed to buy myself a 1940's dress - very Wallis Simpson I feel (look out for it on future outfit posts!!)

After the shows had finished it was good-byes all round and lots of exchanging of contact details, then Hubby and I headed off for a well deserved cocktail or two!!


Some of the lovely vintage goodies on offer.
 
One of my favourite outfits - styled by ReeRee Rocket.
 
The models in the vintage looks.
 
Me!! Suit 1940's original from Prim Vintage and Gemma Hat from Sugar and Hatter.