Friday 2 November 2012

Features and fabulous frocks!!

This week saw I had a feature in Life Matters in the Eastern Evening News - it is very strange to read about your life in print.

One of the biggest things to come out of it is the official announcement that Fabulous Miss K is launching a vintage inspired fashion collection at Norwich Fashion Week next March!!!!

I am no designer but I have lots of ideas of how I want the collection to look and taking inspiration from my own vintage wardrobe there will be 6 pieces in all - 3 day dresses, a suit and 2 LBD's.

The collection is aimed at those who want a really authentic vintage look, with a classic and sophisticated feel with quality fabrics and cut.

It is very scary and exciting at the same time, working on the design with my pattern cutter and getting inspiration for the photo shoot to launch it. This is something that I have dreamed of doing for years and one lady has given my the opportunity to realise it - the first collection will be dedicated to my Mum, a lady who was always well groomed and stylish as were all women of her era so the Barbara dress will have it's debut in a few months time.

So watch this space as the collection unfolds I will keep you posted with updates and inspiration.


 
 
Mum and Dad looking very stylish out and about.
 
Mum and my grandmother.
 
 
Mum, Uncle Alan and Grandmother.