Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fashion Galore - Isabella Blow Exhibtion

My hubby and I had an early start on Saturday as we headed to London to Somerset House to see the Isabella Blow exhibition - it was a collection of her clothes, shoes, and hats.

As a fashion stylist working for Vogue, Tatler and Sunday Times Style Magazine she discovered Alexander McQueen, Philip Treacy - extensive collections from these designers were on show along with many pairs of Manolo Blahniks - fashion heaven!! Many of the other people must have thought me slightly mad when I uncontrollably squealed numerous times on walking around!!

Mannequin after mannequin dressed in the most divine fashions, hats and shoes along side a few of her personal items - her note book with her contacts and ideas in pink ink - my hubby reminded me that when we first met I used to sign everything with pink ink - I'd forgotten that - note to self - buy pink ink!!





 
 
Suitable headwear had to be worn in honour of Issie!!
 
 
We headed to the gift shop and drooled over limited edition fashion books and treated myself to the book to go with the exhibition and the cutest little badges with cartoon images of Issie.
 
 
 
 
After a spot of lunch we made our way to Harvey Nicks - I haven't been there for ages and it used to be my old haunt - hubby and I used to sit and chat all afternoon in the 5th floor bar sipping champagne so we thought we had to visit again for old times sake.  One of the barmen that we knew from our first visit was still there and recognised us which was amazing with the amount of people that go through the door everyday!! It mad us feel quite special.
 

My favourite barman!!
 
 
Tired but inspired we left for home - ideas for NFW 2015 running around in my brain!!!!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment