Tuesday 22 April 2014

Home Office Style

I was planning a post about our adventures over the Easter break but due to rather typical miserable bank holiday weather we didn't get to do all the things I had wanted to do - cue drinks in the garden, picnics in the sun - scuppered!!

So instead I had a bit of a spring clean in the house and managed to sort out my home office - something I have been meaning to do since leaving Fabulous Miss K HQ in November. (Long story as to why we moved out - too expensive and a burglary!!)

Sitting on the sofa watching crap daytime TV does not make you productive so an alternative space was desperately needed. Trying to find even a small corner in a two up to down terrace is difficult but my ever practical hubby came up with the perfect solution - I knew there was a reason why I married him!!

Many hours looking on pintrest and home styling sites lead to a mood board for inspiration -





 
 
I found the perfect spot in the corner of the bedroom next to the window so when the sun shines I can look out over the garden. It is a small space but just big enough to fit the cabinet that was in my previous office, I already had a book shelf so I filled it with all my fashion and styling books, added a few accessories and hey presto the finished result.
 
 
Just need to get the chair covered in the most fabulous fabric I found in Anglia Fashion Fabrics.

Some of my favourite styling pictures on display.

Just a few of my many fashion books!!
 
I love my new office space small but perfectly formed I am very much looking forward to working here.
 
 
Have you got a workspace if you work from home or is it the dining room table or are you lucky enough to have your own office - would love to know how you get your work done??


4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration, I love the second picture from the top, really would love my home office to look like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivian - I hope you get your space sorted out too!!

      Delete
  2. I work in an office, but we have turned our spare room into an officey space at home - it's also full of books, my vintage knitting magazines and all our darkroom equipment, so it's a bit cramped! I love the workspace in the first picture, the sepia wallpaper is super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have done well in your spare room!!

      Delete