Friday 2 May 2014

New Look - the midi length skirt

One of the latest trends for summer is the midi length skirt - not a new statement Dior brought us the New Look in 1947




 
And then Dior re-launched the look with their Spring Summer collection 2013 with a modern take on the original.
 
 

 
 
 This length has been on the fashion radar for a few years  but now it seems to be "the look" of the season with fashionista's spotted wearing the midi length skirt at the shows and parties.


 


Even the fabulous Carrie Bradshaw sported the look in a few episodes.
 
It can be a very flattering length and I love the feminine line of it, works great if you have a fuller hip as it flows over your widest area and then add a killer heel for a fabulous modern vintage inspired look!!
 
I think that I maybe tempted this season - there are quite few fabulous ones on the high street here are 3 of my favourites.
 
 
Blossom Print Hobbs £129, Striped LK Bennett £125 and Jacquard print Top shop £43
 
 
 So watch out for outfit posts this summer with me sporting the "midi" length.
 
Do you like this trend and how would you wear it??
 

 




2 comments:

  1. I love tea dresses so I suppose its only natural that I love midi skirts too! They make me feel 'classy'.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I agree with you it is a very "classy" and elegant look.

      Miss K x

      Delete